Product Design Engineer
We are looking for Senior Mechanical Engineers to join our team. If you're dedicated and ambitious, then Radia is a great place to grow your career. We design, prototype, and manufacture equipment for big box stores throughout the US.
What Your "Day in the Life" Will Be for This Role:
- Collect VOC detail, plan, conceptualize, create, lead, and own new product development projects
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
- Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration; must be hands-on
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using SolidWorks
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
- Ensure the project timeline is met and the project stays within budget
The Attributes That Would Excite Us the Most About You:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field
- 5+ years of experience working in engineering; electro-mechanical experience is highly desired
- Experience designing electro- mechanical systems and products; specifically A/C motors & sheet metal design
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced math principles and statistics to solve problems
- Experience using SolidWorks with sheet metal / welding modules preferred
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Self-directed team player
Additional "Wow" Qualifications of Our Ideal Candidate:
- Injection Molding knowledge/experience
- Any experience with metal fabrication is +++
Desired Skills and Experience
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Finance or Marketing
Work Experience: A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in financial modeling and strategic business planning and marketing is required. A history of working for small to mid-sized organizations is preferred.
Project management experience that demonstrates the ability to take complex projects from conception to completion
Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team to develop strategies, programs and initiatives and willingness to work with minimal resources (internal and external)
Experience in restaurant and/or food service industries is a plus
Proven ability to collaborate, develop rapport and communicate in a small dynamic organization
Demonstrated ability to lead project teams, work cross functionally, and think both critically and strategically.
A self-starting, flexible and creative leader who can energize the group to meet short and long term growth objectives.